Doha, Here is a summary of local news released on Friday: - HH the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani sent a cable of congratulations to HE Governor-General of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Susan Dougan on the anniversary of her country's Independence Day.
- HH the Deputy Amir Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Thani sent a cable of congratulations to HE Governor-General of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Susan Dougan on the anniversary of her country's Independence Day.
- HE Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani sent a cable of congratulations to HE Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Ralph Gonsalves on the anniversary of his country's Independence Day.
- HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani met today at his office with US Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs Barbara Leaf, who is currently visiting the country.
- HE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Sultan bin Saad Al Muraikhi received a phone call on Friday from HE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary Peter Szijjarto.
- HE President of the Czech Republic Peter Pavel received today the credentials of HE Nasser bin Ibrahim Al Lingawi as Ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the State of Qatar to the Czech Republic.
- The Shura Council wrapped up participation in the 147th General Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the accompanying meetings that were held in Luanda, Angola.
- President of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa expressed his deep appreciation for the Qatari Football Association's organizational capabilities and hospitality.
- Qatar team secured bronze medal in Skeet Mixed Team competition at the Asian Shooting Championship in Changwon, South Korea. The Championship is being held until November 2, and will qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.
- The 3rd Qatar Arabian Horse Breeders Cup, organized by Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club over three days, concluded on Friday.
- Qatar swimming team won 5 medals on Friday in the Arab Swimming Championship, which began in the UAE and continues until Monday.
- Qatari player Abdullah Al Tamimi claimed Qatar Squash Federation (QSF) 4 title at Bronze level event within the world squash association tour categories, after his difficult victory over his Egyptian counterpart Tarek Momen with a score of 3/2 in the final match at Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex.
- The Qatari delegation for people with special needs concluded Friday, its participation in the fourth edition of the Asian Para Games in the Chinese city of Hangzhou.
Source: Qatar News Agency